“While Jezebel was killing the Lord’s bubblers, Obadiah hid fifty in one cave and fifty in another.” 1 Kings 18:4
The king’s right-hand man ran the royal business and rode a chariot with six bodyguards.
Yet he risked his life to rescue fugitives from the queen.
How long would he survive?
00. Prologue 889 BC* After Solomon built the temple in Jerusalem, Jeroboam split the kingdom north from south. Decades later, Asa reigned over Judah and Baasha over Israel. Omri, commander of the army, laid siege to Gibbethon in Philistia. Two eight-year-old boys, Obadiah and Omri’s ...Read More
890 BC [Further?i
] Israel Army Field Headquarters, Gibbethon, Philistia
Obadiah shot up the street giggling, “You’ll never catch me.” With Ahab on his tail, he reached the gate to headquarters. Yet, instead of pushing through, he cringed under the steel stare of a man who’d ...Read More
- 890 BC Wrath: Eight-year-old Obadiah and Ahab bloody each other’s noses.
- 878 BC Race: Twelve years later, a Syrian arrow cuts short their horse race.
- 878 BC Accounts: King Omri puts Obadiah in control of royal accounts and olive oil production.
- 872 BC Basics: ...
Would you like to be considered for Obadiah’s beta reader team?
- How to Beta Read a Novel
- Please email me (Dave) profparks at gmail dot com.